Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 7 - Thursday

Had our first drop of rain yesterday afternoon. Ventured to lunch after some heavy lifting, in a sleeveless dress - it was a decision I regreted 45 minutes later. We really do weather here. The restuarant of stripey trumpeter fame served us a delightful lunch, throwing in a very tasty amuse bouche, involving a wasabi leaf as a wrap for morsels of cured ocean trout, blended with dill cream and wasabi - delicious!

Floyd, much to our dismay has taken to self-mutilation again. Consensus, (including the Vet)was that the hotspots would stop when we moved but he continues to confound us. Back to the chemsitry set....At least the moulting has almost stopped.

Hubby left early this morning for 8 days away in Fiji via lunch at Tetsuya's in Sydney. Coveniently the lunch invitation was timely, as the flight for Fiji departs from Sydney tomorrow. Not to be outdone, I took myself off to the Commercial Hotel for the much awaited scallop pie. Hmmmm, should have stayed home with the tin of sardines...

It was a beautiful day and Floyd and I enjoyed our outing with visits to the hardware store with near bare shelves, the Post Office for our daily parcel/s and the newsagency that doubles as an ANZ, where news of settlement on our Leichhardt house came through. Hard to believe, we are now officioally out of the Sydney property market - there's no turning back now.....

Had a visit from Mick, (the Handyman with the pink eye potatoes) stopped by, with his clan of kids (or are they grandkids?) to discuss our fencing needs. He even volunteered to take away all my empty cartons. Could have kissed him, that's 3 or 4 trips to the tip I don't need to make on the weekend.

No sooner did I get back to the computer, when Bruce from the B&B stopped by with info about heating and an offer to supply me with smoked Ocean Trout - I love this place! Bruce tells me there's a black market in empty cartons here, though he knows not for what. I don't care if they smoke them or use them in a black magic ritual - all I know is that there's no collection & no recycling so Mick can have them.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment